Accessibility Training for Developers, Testers, and Content Creators
Our accessibility training classes tackle web accessibility, mobile accessibility, and document accessibility based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0/2.1 Level AA and related standards (including Section 508 / Section 504). We also emphasize best practices that support a good user experience for everyone.
Our digital accessibility classes cover:
Need a custom accessibility training plan?
Looking for group classes delivered virtually or at your site?
Please contact our Training Team to talk about options.
Why Take Microassist Digital Accessibility Training?
Microassist accessibility courses build on years of working with government, education, and business organizations on accessibility projects, plus 30 years of developing and delivering IT-related training. That means you’ll learn from instructors’ experience, practical exercises, and real-life scenarios in a way that will help you retain what you’ve learned and enable you to put new or enhanced skills to use right away.
You will learn tips and tricks we’ve gleaned through auditing, developing, and remediating websites and documents for our clients—including university, state and federal government, education, and private-sector programs and organizations.
You’ll also get clear direction on not only ways to fulfill meeting accessibility guidelines, but proven techniques that work well for your web and mobile visitors.
Digital Accessibility Course Offerings
Microassist offers a wide range of digital accessibility courses. Course descriptions and links to complete class outlines are listed below.
Overview of Digital Accessibility
- Introduction to Accessibility (On Demand, Self Paced) — An introductory and interactive workshop that explores basic accessibility concepts that apply across web pages, Microsoft® Word documents, PDF documents, and elearning (online training), as well as how those materials are perceived on various desktop and mobile devices. Estimated time to complete is one hour. Visit our online training store to enroll.
PDF & Document Accessibility Training
- PDF Accessibility Fundamentals (On-Demand, Self-Paced) – This self paced, on demand course uses interactive exercises to teach content creators how to make PDF documents WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant. Estimated time to complete is four hours. Visit our online training store to enroll.
- Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility Series: The Basics (1 day) – Introduces the learner to PDF accessibility so their PDF documents are accessible, perceivable, and usable by all those who access the information, regardless of level of ability or impairment.
- Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility Series: Intermediate Edition (1 day) – Teaches students the process to remediate and test a PDF document for accessibility issues to make the content accessible, perceivable, and usable.
- Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: Advanced Edition (1 Day) – Designed for students who want to remediate advanced PDF documents for accessibility standards using the Adobe platform.
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Presentations (Half-day) – Designed for students who will be creating or modifying PowerPoint presentations that comply with accessibility standards.
- Creating Accessible Word Documents (Half day) – Designed for content creators using Microsoft Word to create accessible Microsoft Word documents that meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria.
Accessible Website and Application Development Training
- Digital Accessibility for Developers and Designers: Building an Accessible Slot Machine (2 day) — Workshop participants will envision, plan and construct an accessible slot machine to understand why we strive to make accessible experiences as well as the technical aspects of accessible user interfaces and application development.
Mobile Accessibility Testing and Remediation Training
- Mobile Accessibility, Part 2: Mobile Native Accessibility Testing and Development (1 day) — Picking up where the “intro” class above leaves off, attendees will learn how to test native apps with TalkBack for Android and VoiceOver for iOS, and use Android native keyboard accessibility techniques, accessibility testing with integrated developer environments Android Studio and Xcode, mobile simulator and on-device testing techniques, and advanced native iOS and Android accessibility APIs. There will be hands-on accessibility testing projects and group native app coding exercises.
Accessible Technology Evaluation and Attestation Training
- Strategies for Evaluating Vendor VPAT/ACR Attestations (Virtual Instructor Led, Half Day) — In this course, we will provide a structured method for evaluating vendor Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) and Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR) attestations with the goal of making an award eligible, award eligible with exception process, or rejection determination. This course takes four hours to complete. To explore scheduling options for your organization, please contact our VPAT training team.
Join an Open Enrollment Class or Arrange a Private Team Training (Virtually or On-site)
All Microassist accessibility training courses are created and taught by experienced accessibility professionals. We welcome individuals and teams to all our open enrollment classes in Austin, Texas.
Looking for a class that’s not on the schedule? Need a custom accessibility training plan? Interested in group classes delivered virtually or at your site?
Please contact our Training Team to talk about options.
More Digital Accessibility Resources
- Accessibility Solutions
- Accessibility in the News Archives
- Digital Accessibility Digest / Lexis-Nexis Mealey’s© Articles
- The Training Manager’s Guide to Accessible Elearning
Accessibility Training Solutions for Government
We are glad to offer these classes to DIR-eligible customers through DIR Contract, DIR-TSO-3982: Technology Based Training, one of our four State of Texas DIR Contracts.