Accessibility IT Services for Texas Government Agencies
About Microassist’s Accessibility IT Services for Government
More than 1.6 million Texans have disabilities, many with limitations that affect interaction with online and other digital communications.
Having served the State of Texas since 1988, we understand the need for state agency electronic and information resources (EIR) to comply with state and federal accessibility standards. Microassist delivers products that can strictly adhere to Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and Texas Administrative Codes TAC 206 and TAC 213, helping you ensure that your IT products and services are in compliance.
Accessibility includes the art and science of making digital assets and resources perceivable to people
- who are blind or have low vision,
- are part of the Deaf community or are hard of hearing,
- have mobility impairments, or
- have cognitive challenges.
Microassist’s Accessibility IT Services help organizations measure digital materials, as well as their delivery to the public, against internationally recognized accessibility standards (i.e., WCAG 2.0) and applicable agency, state and federal requirements. These materials may include digital content such as websites, software and mobile applications, elearning, digital files (such as documents, presentations, spreadsheets), and other digital media, including video and audio assets.
Digital content also includes the tools used to find, create, and manipulate digital content.
Services covered under this Accessibility IT Services contract include
- Accessibility Audit Services
- Accessible Development Services
- Accessibility Testing Services
- Business Integration Services
- Document Remediation Services
- Accessible IT Training Services
- Multimedia Transcription, Captioning, and Description Services
- Assistive Technology Scripting Services
If there are other accessibility IT services needed to bring your organization into compliance, or you have a question, please contact our accessibility team to schedule a consultation.
Commodity Codes commonly related to accessibility services are listed at the end of this page for reference.
Accessibility Services for Government
Microassist offers comprehensive accessibility services, including:
Accessibility Audit Services
- Accessibility Audit — Accessibility review and audit of websites, web applications, native applications, mobile devices, tablets, themes, components, training sites, and other components, and report writing.
- Accessibility Audit Analysis — Review and analyze current accessibility state for possible accessibility remediation.
- Accessibility Gap Analysis — Identifies vulnerabilities and is a high level evaluation of websites, web applications, native applications and mobile devices against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Section 508, TAC 206 and 213, and other recognized standards.
- Accessibility Research and Testing — Conduct research and usability testing to share insights into how people with disabilities experience applications and products and provide strategic guidance and training to build accessibility capacity and engagement.
- Accessibility Scoping — Accessibility remediation scoping with organizational teams.
- Interview Prep — Onsite interview preparation for accessibility audits.
- Third Party Audit Analysis — Review of third party accessibility reviews and audits.
- Usability Auditing — Methods, studies, documentation and ability with which users can effectively, efficiently and easily achieve tasks within a website, web application, mobile device or other application or medium.
Accessibility Development Services
- Accessibility Tools Development — Developing and accumulating tools for assisting with accessibility needs.
- Accessible Training Sites — Including developing accessible training.
- Accessible Website Creation — Including creating accessible websites and assets.
- Assistive Technology Assistance — Assisting with accessibility tools.
- Design Review — Identifying accessibility issues in the conceptual phase of product development.
- Development and Remediation — Developing and remediating sites, applications, devices, documents and other assets.
- Development of various computer languages (such as .NET, PHP, HTML4, XHTML4, HTML5, WAI-ARIA), frameworks (such as Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Ajax, Bootstrap, JQueryUI, Foundation), Open Source (such as WordPress, Drupal, Moodle, FormaLMS, Canvas), and Proprietary Packages (such as Lectora, Storyline, Captivate) to be accessible.
- Policy Driven Adoption for Accessibility (PDAA) for Vendor Assessment Review — Review of the PDAA for organizations.
- VPAT Creation and Production — Voluntary Product Accessibility Template that documents the accessibility of a product and its supporting resources.
Accessibility Testing Services
- Accessibility Development Testing — Providing a universal design environment to allow websites and training programs to be accessed by people with disabilities according to the Texas Administrative Code.
- Accessibility Testing — Testing sites, documents, training programs and other online sites for accessibility.
- Compliance Testing — Testing sites, documents, training programs and other items against standards set by Texas Administrative Code or other overseeing entity.
- Plan and Code Review — Review of plans and code for accessibility flaws and compliance issues.
- Retest — Confirming the accessibility enhancements made based on recommendations. Retesting for accessibility compliance.
- VPAT Testing & Verification — Testing and confirming the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template specifications, and recommendations for compliance.
Accessibility Business Integration Services
- Help Desk — Ongoing accessibility support and ticketing.
- Implementation Support — A blend of technical support, better practice consultancy and assistance for the organization’s development team for implementation rollout.
- Other Business Integration Services — Other accessibility integration to include but not limited to systems, program, code and site integration with other systems.
- Strategic Consulting — Specific accessibility needs with global obligations, accessibility opportunities, evaluations, and other concerns.
Document Remediation Services
- Accessibility Evaluation, Remediation and Conversion Service — Evaluation of webpages, web documents, PDF, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, other Microsoft Office applications, publications, forms, posters, graphical documents, MP3 files, audio, images, videos and other media, and/or the recommendation and/or correction of inaccessible Items, and conversion of other inaccessible Items into accessible Items.
- Complex Structure Remediation — Remediation of tables, lists, graphics, pictures and other complex structures in web and other file formats for correction and remediation of inaccessible elements.
- E/Text to Voice Conversion — Conversion to synthesized or human voice from text (electronic or printed).
- ePub Creation, Testing, and Remediation — Evaluation of electronic publications, linked items and/or correction of inaccessible items, and conversion of inaccessible items into accessible items.
- Project Remediation — Remediated sites, applications, themes, and components for the web, desktop, mobile, tablets or other devices.
IT Accessibility Training Services
See our Course List for Accessibility course outlines.
- Accessibility Training — Development of accessibility training to teach agencies and organizations about accessibility.
- Course — Accessibility Policy and Governance
- Course — Accessibility Testing Strategy and Execution
- Course — Accessibility for Project Managers
- Course — Custom: Custom developed course.
- Course — Designing Accessible User Experiences
- Course — Developing with Accessibility in Mind
- Course — End User Considerations for Accessibility
- Course — Introduction to Accessibility
- Course — Multimedia Transcription, Captioning, and Description
- Course — Other: Other accessibility courses.
- Instructor Led Accessible Training — Training delivered in a classroom to support accessibility needs.
- Online Custom Accessible Training — Accessible training delivered online.
Multimedia, Transcription, Captioning and Description Services
- Audio Services — Narration script development for website, training and other sites, and audio conversion.
- Transcription and Closed Captioning Services — Audio to text conversions for videos, online modules, and other media.
Assistive Technology Scripting Services
- Alt Text Exams — Alternate Text Scripting for exams, assessments, quizzes, and other learning checks.
- Alt Text General — Alternate Text Scripting for images and other elements.
- Scripting — MathJax (MathML, LaTeX, ASCIIMathML), Native HTML scripting
- Other Accessibility Services — Related services that may be needed to bring organization into compliance or to provide a recommendation to the organization.
- Project Management — Planning, organizing, motivating, developing and controlling resources, procedures, and protocols for achieving an accessibility development effort.
- Project Planning — Defining the scope, tasks, dependencies, resources, costs, schedule and other elements of the accessibility project.
- Sign Language for Learners
Call us, and we’d be happy to speak with you about your needs. Our phone number is (512) 794-8440.
- 915-25 – Captioned Services for the Hearing Impaired
- 915-96 – Web Page Design and/or Management Services
- 918-25 – Compliance Consulting, American Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 920-03 – Application Service Provider (ASP) – (web based hosted)
- 920-24 – Data Conversion Services
- 920-27 – E-Commerce Software Development Services
- 920-40 – Programming Services, Computer
- 920-46 – Software Updating Services
- 920-47 – Support Services, Computer (Includes Computer Warranties)
- 920-91 – Training, Computer Based (Software Supported)
- 924-74 – Special Education