Government Training Services
Contract DIR-TSO-3982, Government Training Services
Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
Microassist, Inc., Vendor ID: 1742768479400
Microassist certified Texas HUB: #56092
About this Government Training Services Contract
As part of our Government Solutions offerings, Microassist offers off-the-shelf and custom-developed government training services to DIR-eligible customers. These customers include Texas state agencies, county and local government offices, public institutions of higher education and school districts, and public entities outside Texas.
We’ve offered training services, including technology based training and instructor-led training, to Texas government organizations since 1992.
Services covered under this contract include
- Instructor-Led Training — In-person, classroom training
- Off-the-Shelf Elearning Solutions — Asynchronous (i.e., students and instructor are not in the same location at the same time), online self-study courses
- Customized Training Solutions — Interactive, custom elearning (online training) and instructor-led solutions
We’ve listed related Commodity Codes at the end of this page.
How to Order
To learn more about how to order government training services via the DIR contract, contact Microassist to place an order, get a quote, see a demonstration, or get more information.
- Visit our product and pricing information for the categories below, or call Donald Twining at (512) 794-8440.
- Generate a purchase order, made payable to Microassist, Inc.
NOTE:Please reference Microassist’s contract #DIR-TSO-3982 on your purchase order.
- Fax your purchase order and quote forms to 512-794-8742 or email to email@example.com.
- Microassist will process the order and invoice your agency.
What Products and Services Can You Purchase through This DIR Contract?
Whether it’s “shrink-wrapped” content or custom subject matter, Microassist provides effective products and services that increase overall comprehension and move organizations forward. Our government training services include annual subscriptions to self-paced online courses, single courses delivered online or in person, and customized course development for online delivery, in-person delivery, or a combination (blended).
- Instructor-Led Training– In-person, classroom training remains a cornerstone of effective employee education. Many students learn best and have greater retention when they are face to face with an instructor in a classroom. Learners can ask questions of the instructor throughout the course, review information, and clarify concepts. They can also learn from their peers more easily in a classroom setting.
- Off-the-Shelf Elearning Solutions– Asynchronous, online self-study courses often use a learning management system to deliver training modules or content to students. This technology based training incorporates learner-centric models of instruction and allows students to acquire knowledge and skills via one or multiple self-paced online modules.
- Customized Training Solutions – Do you need to train your audience, but don’t have curriculum or instructors? Microassist creates highly interactive custom elearning, in-person, or blended solutions to fulfill your organization’s specific training requirements, whether it’s internally for your employees, externally for an agency outreach program, or targeted to a special focus group.
Microassist offers training for over 200 end-user application courses including, but not limited to
- Microsoft Office
- Security Certification and Non-Certification Courses
- Big Data Courses (such as Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark)
- Programming Classes (such as Python, Angular, Ruby on Rails, Android and iOS)
- SQL Server
- Internet Technologies
- Crystal Reports
- Web Technologies
- IT Risk Management
Microassist maintains a comfortable training center with two well-lit training rooms and fully functioning computer equipment in Austin, Texas. In addition, Microassist instructors and instructor assistants travel across the state to service its customers.
The Course Schedule for our regularly scheduled, instructor-led, open enrollment classes is available on our website. Some of the classes offered include our end-user application classes, such as Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word; certified cybersecurity classes, such as CISSO, CPEH, and CES; our web related courses, such as HTML; and our database courses, such as SQL Server, Crystal Reports, and others.
We frequently add classes to our open enrollment schedule and private course offerings based on demand and as new courses arise.
Microassist also custom develops courses for proprietary, web-based products, classroom instruction, and other custom application products. In addition, Microassist partners with other firms to fill customer requirements.
Off-the-Shelf Elearning Solutions
Microassist offers a comprehensive course catalog of over 6,300 pre-developed, self-paced courses. These courses are purchased on a subscription basis. Course areas include:
- Business and Management Skills – 2,292 courses on Business Skills, Sales, Customer Service, Leadership, Time Management, Problem Solving, Project Management, Communications, Marketing, Management, Finance, Strategic Planning, Business Presentations, and Teamwork, among others…
- Certification – Certification training for Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare, Amazon AWS, Oracle, ISTQB, ISACA, Red Hat, EMC2, and Juniper Networks.
- Compliance – 115 courses on Accessibility, Code of Conduct, Employment Law, Financial and Legal Compliance, HIPAA Awareness, Occupational Safety, Sexual Harassment & Misconduct and Workplace Ethics.
Customized Training Solutions
Microassist offers business system integration, collaboration and knowledge management, content development, Learning Management System (LMS) creation, administration and support and rich media to enhance a student’s experience within the learning environment. Regardless of the technology, Microassist builds custom training modules for technology-based training and includes instructional design, curriculum development, graphic design, LMS creation and/or configuration, and content management system creation and/or configuration.
Microassist is an expert in designing accessible online training that complies with Texas Administrative Code, Title 1, Chapters 206 and 213 (1 TAC 206/213). See our Accessible Elearning page for more information.
Learning Management System (LMS) Maintenance Support and Hosting: In response to our customer’s need to reduce the risk of producing and publishing elearning, Microassist created a multi-tier managed services solution based on open source technology. By eliminating the technology and licensing risks associated with elearning, our customers focus immediately on instructional design and content production. At the end of the Maintenance Support and Hosting contract, our customers can then take their LMS in-house, take just the learning objects in-house or continue hosting their LMS with Microassist. The key to this service is elimination of risk to the customer by maximizing flexibility and eliminating per seat or per course LMS licensing.
Learn more about our Learning Management Systems services.
To access PDF files, use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Contract DIR-TSO-3982
- Appendix A, Standard Terms and Conditions
- Appendix B, HUB Subcontracting Plan
- Appendix C, Product and Pricing Index
For more information on DIR’s contracts program, visit DIR’s Cooperative Contracts page.
8500 Shoal Creek Boulevard, Suite 4-225
Austin, Texas 78757
Phone: (512) 794-8440
Fax: (512) 794-8742
Department of Information Resources
300 W. 15th Street, Suite 1300
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 463-4854
The following warranty is provided for Microassist’s training services:
Open Enrollment Courses: Students are provided the opportunity to cancel an open enrollment class in writing within 2 business days of the scheduled class, and retake a class within 90 days at no additional cost. In addition, students are provided instructor access for 30 days after the class concludes to answer questions that are specific to the class in which they were enrolled.
Group Classes: Requests to reschedule or cancel group classes must be received at least 15 business days prior to the agreed upon class start date and no additional fee will be charged. Reschedule requests received within 14 business days of the original class start date will be subject one half of the original class fee and a new instance of the class at the agreed upon rate must be scheduled within 30-days of original class date(s), upon verification of instructor’s schedule. Cancellation requests received within 14-days of the original class start date will be subject to the total class fee and must be paid within the state’s Prompt Payment Act payment terms.
Customized Training Solutions: The customer has 30 days from the date of deliverable invoice to inform Microassist of its determination that Microassist has made errors in the completed deliverable. Customer will immediately inform Microassist of the customer’s determination. Microassist shall make such corrections and revisions as are necessary so that the unacceptable in-scope deliverables are satisfactory to customer and shall be corrected without cost to customer. Correction is limited to rework of the unsatisfactory in-scope work without change(s) to the original specifications and without regard to the amount of the effort expended on the original deliverable. Because of the nature of the services provided, Microassist does not offer a return policy, but will warrant deliverables according to the provision above.
- 920-91: Training, Computer-Based (Software Supported)
- 924-40: Instructor-Led Classroom Training (Including Technical)