PDF Accessibility Fundamentals (On Demand)
Learn how to make PDFs accessible to people with disabilities related to vision, hearing, mobility and cognition. This course will teach you how to make a PDF document WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant.
When you’ve successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to bring most PDF documents into conformance with the criteria established by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0 Level AA success criteria.
Specifically, you’ll be able to:
- Apply accessibility standards to a PDF document.
- Use the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC platform to remediate a PDF document.
- Apply a process to remediate a PDF document.
- Test the PDF document against accessibility standards.
Course Cost: $99 (Limited Introductory Offer – $50 savings off the regular cost of $149)
Course Delivery: PDF Accessibility Fundamentals is offered as an on-demand course. Contact our Microassist Training Team to enroll.
Expected time to complete: 4 hours
Content creators seeking to create PDF documents that meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria.
Please note that to successfully complete this course, you’ll need:
- Familiarity with general computer skills (navigating webpages, saving files, opening files, &c.).
- Ability to install and access Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. (Downloading the free trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC requires a credit card.)
- Access to a color contrast checking tool, either by downloading and installing one (such as the Colour Contrast Analyser) or, if you cannot download one, a web-based checker (such as the Contrast Checker).
We also recommend installing a screen reader program (assistive technology that reads screen content to a user) such as JAWS or the free NVDA. While a screen reader program is recommended, it is not required.