An extensive list of curated tweets and resources from the CSUN 2019 Assistive Technology Conference in San Diego. Brought to you by the accessibility services and curriculum development teams at Microassist. Please link to and share this page if you find it helpful.
The 2019 CSUN Assistive Technology Conference, sponsored by the California State University Northridge Center on Disabilities, is the largest international conference focused on assistive technology. Its goal is to expand the awareness of professionals and introduce newcomers to the disability field.
This page gathers:
- Official CSUN Assistive Technology Conference pages
- New Microassist accessibility training classes,
- #CSUNATC19 tweets
- CSUN 2019 presentation repositories
- CSUN-related blogs, resources, and recaps
What’s missing? We’ll add as many CSUN-related resources as we are able to discover. If you would like your blog or presentation added, please contact us.
NOTE: We have the last two years of CSUN tweets and resources are at
- CSUN 2018 Assistive Technology Conference Backchannel: Tweets, Blogs, and More!
- CSUN 2017 Assistive Technology Conference Backchannel.
Official CSUN 2019 Conference Pages
- Main Conference Page
- Program Overview Page
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Registration Information
- Conference Sessions
Two members of the Microassist team are attending CSUN this year:
- E-Learning for All: Creating Engaging and Accessible Online Training
- Accessible E-Learning: Key Whys and Hows for Building Accessible Training co-presented with Jennifer Chadwick and Lucy Greco
- Making Existing E-learning Accessible
More Accessibility Training
Microassist offers a growing list of accessibility training courses, including these newly added classes:
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Presentations
- Document Accessibility, Part 1: Word Accessibility and PDF Accessibility, Fundamentals
- Document Accessibility, Part 2: PDF Accessibility, Intermediate
- Document Accessibility, Part 3: PDF Accessibility, Advanced
Visit our Course Schedule page for other Microassist accessibility training opportunities.
Also, consider subscribing to our Accessibility in the News newsletter. The emailed version includes conference and training opportunities from around the world.
2019 CSUNATC Lainey Feingold’s Digital Accessibility Legal Update. Summary of Lainey Feingold’s CSUN Digital Accessibility Legal Update — with links to powerpoint, cases, and two new after-CSUN developments.
Accessibility in Streaming Media Players, Victoria Wheeler, Dept. of Veterans Affairs and Heather Solberg, Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Integrating Local and Remote Meeting Participants Jay Wyant and Kris Schulze
Map Accessibility JoAnn Rautio and Kim Wee
A crowdsourced list of
#CSUNATC2019 presentations. Thank you, Christopher Phillips, for collecting these! Presenters, please add links to your presentations!
Contact Us if you would like us to link to your presentation or blog.
CSUN 2019 Conference Curated Tweets
Unable to attend the conference? Catch a glimpse of what it was like through these conference tweets!
Blogs and Other Accessibility Resources
Accessible Pizza and Other Highlights, Forrester
CSUNATC19 From a First Time Perspective Podcast, Blind Abilities
My First CSUN Assistive Technology Conference, Rushana Doole, Pearson
Alternative vs. Equivalent Access to STEM Learning Materials: Takeaways from CSUNATC19, Josie Gray, Coordinator of Collection Quality, Open Education
Conference Recap: CSUN Assistive Technology Conference 2019, by Lindsay O’Neill
Flickr – CSUNATC19
Keep Up to Date on Accessibility Events with Accessibility in the News! and A11YNews
Subscribe to our information-rich email newsletter for a weekly update on upcoming accessibility training, conferences, meetups, and more. NOTE: This time-sensitive information is ONLY in the newsletter format (It’s not posted in our online accessibility newsletter archives), so subscribe today and start getting updates every Friday!
For real-time updates on Accessibility News follow us on Twitter at @A11yNews