An extensive list of curated tweets and resources from the CSUN 2018 Assistive Technology Conference in San Diego. Brought to you by the accessibility services and curriculum development teams at Microassist. Please link to and share this page if you find it helpful.
The 2018 CSUN Assistive Technology Conference, sponsored by the California State University Northridge Center on Disabilities, is the largest international conference focused on assistive technology. Its goal is to expand the awareness of professionals and introduce newcomers to the disability field.
This page gathers:
- Official CSUN Assistive Technology Conference pages
- New Microassist accessibility training classes,
- CSUN 2018 presenter interviews
- #CSUNATC18 tweets
- CSUN 2018 presentation repositories
- CSUN-related blogs, resources, and recaps
What’s missing? We’ll add as many CSUN-related resources as we are able to discover. If you would like your blog or presentation added, please contact us.
NOTE: Last year’s tweets and resources are at our CSUN 2017 Assistive Technology Conference Backchannel.
Official CSUN 2018 Conference Pages
- Main Conference Page
- Program Overview Page
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Registration Information
- Conference Sessions
Four Microassist staff went to CSUN this year:
Chief Technology Officer Hiram Kuykendall and Senior Learning Architect Kevin Gumienny, both of whom had sessions:
- AT&T Experience More: Video Production Strategy Case Study — Co-presented with Dr. Aaron Bangor, Lead Accessible Technology Architect at AT&T
- Elearning for All: Creating Engaging and Accessible Online Training – Please read The Training Manager’s Guide to Accessible Elearning based on this presentation.
More Accessibility Training
Microassist offers a growing list of accessibility training courses, including these newly added classes:
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Presentations
- Document Accessibility, Part 1: Word Accessibility and PDF Accessibility, Fundamentals
- Document Accessibility, Part 2: PDF Accessibility, Intermediate
- Document Accessibility, Part 3: PDF Accessibility, Advanced
Visit our Course Schedule page for other Microassist accessibility training opportunities.
Also consider subscribing to our Accessibility in the News newsletter. The emailed version includes conference and training opportunities from around the world.
CSUN 2018 Interviews
Content and Marketing Specialist Vivian Cullipher interviewed several notable accessibility experts while at the conference. Interviews below, and more are coming!
- Denis Boudreau, Principal Web Accessibility Consultant and Strategist, Deque
- Rebecca Cagle, Senior Trainer, University of North Texas Workplace Inclusion & Sustainable Employment (UNTWISE)
- Amy Bernal, VP of Customer Experience, Aira.io
- Elizabeth Simister, Blackboard Accessibility Manager
- NEW! Kevin Gumienny, Microassist Senior Learning Architect on Accessible Elearning
- NEW! What Comes after WCAG? Jeanne Spellman on W3C’s “Project Silver”
- Nic Steenhout, accessibility author, speaker, and trainer, host of #A11y Rules podcast
- Dr. Aaron Bangor, Lead Accessible Technology Architect at AT&T
CSUN 2018 Conference Curated Tweets
Unable to attend the conference? Catch a glimpse of what it was like through these conference tweets!
Blogs and Other Accessibility Resources
- 33rd CSUN Assistive Technology Conference – Keynote
- Waking Up to Digital Accessibility: How the CSUN Assistive Technologies Conference helped me find my calling
- Tech Leaders Gather at CSUN Conference to Advance Inclusion, Accessibility
- Potholes of Discrimination: A Post-CSUN Legal Update Wrap-up, Lainey Feingold
- CSUNATC18 Wrap-Up Resources and Tweets
- WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices 1.1
- Richard Ladner honored with Strache Leadership Award for impact on accessibility education and research
- Empathy exercises don’t work
- Story on CSUNATC18 by San Diego Union Tribune
Keep Up to Date on Accessibility Events with “Accessibility in the News!”
Subscribe to our information-rich email newsletter for a weekly update on upcoming accessibility training, conferences, meetups, and more. NOTE: This time-sensitive information is ONLY in the newsletter format (It’s not posted in our online accessibility newsletter archives), so subscribe today and start getting updates every Friday!
Subscribe to Accessibility in the News
Stay informed! Get your weekly update on digital accessibility standards, private and public sector trends, litigation, events, and more.