Microassist is passionate about creating an impact in the community from the work we do to volunteering and donating. We love to give of our talents to organizations that help make our community special.
Microassist Charity Contributions
Among the organizations Microassist contributes to to are:
- Open AIR Austin: AIR’s (Accessibility Internet Rally) Open AIR is an international competition brining developers together to create accessible sites for non-profits. Our CTO, Hiram Kuykendall is on the Advisory Board, Accessible Training Committee.
- Capital Area Food Bank: This charity provides over 15,000,000 lbs of food to the needy in the Austin, Texas community.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- GENaustin: Microassist is proud to support GENaustin, an Austin, Texas organization dedicated to building healthy self-esteem in young women. Microassist donates time, talent and treasure to GENaustin.
- Pratham: Microassist supports Pratham, an organization whose goal is to eliminate illiteracy. This program has reached over a million children and continues to reach over 200,000 children annually. Remarkably, Pratham educates children for $7.50/child per year!
- The Miracle Foundation: This non-profit organization is dedicated to running world class orphanages and empowering children to reach their full potential.
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC): Scholarship donation for their National Training Seminar. Speakers included Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, General Martin Dempsey, Admiral Harry B. Harris and others.
- Westwood Lacrosse: Westwood Lacrosse Club is a non-profit club that relies heavily on sponsorships to keep player costs down. Microassist proudly sponsors this Austin, Texas DI team.
Microassist donates classes to the following organizations:
- Austin Under 40
- Austin Symphony
- American Cancer Society
- Breast Cancer Research Center
- Heart Ball – American Heart Association
- Leadership Austin
- Life Works
- Zachary Scott Theatre
If your organization needs help, please feel free to contact us.
Microassist’s employees have also volunteered on various projects for organizations. These include:
- Texas Women in Business: Microassist Training Coordinator Brandy Faulk is a member of the Texas Women in Business (TWB). TWB’s mission is to provide educational programs, tools, and resources to help members improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to their work and personal lives. TWB also plays a significant role in coordinating the yearly Austin Women’s Education Conference.
- Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) – Capitol of Texas Chapter: ISSA is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk, and protecting critical information and infrastructure. In 2013-2014, Heather Poggi-Mannis was on the board as the training director and in 2011-2012 was the corresponding secretary.
Military and Veteran Support
Microassist has been a proud supporter of our Veterans and Military since we started. Our VP of Business Development, Colonel Joachim Strenk, has been in the military for over 33 years. For the past 3½ years he has been the commander of the 71st Battlefield Surveillance Brigade and just recently was assigned as the M-Day Chief of Staff for the Texas Army National Guard. Our Software Quality Assurance Specialist Ethan Towle served for 3 years on active duty with 2-4 Infantry, 4th Brigade, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), and then served in the Texas Army National Guard with A-Troop, 1st Squadron, 112th Cavalry Regiment, 72nd Brigade Combat Team. Monica Jackson, an instructional designer at Microassist, has been in the military for the past 16 years. She is currently serving as a Technical Sergeant in the United States Air Force Reserve.
Community Organization Membership
Microassist is a member of:
- Austin Human Resource Management Association (AHRMA)
- Association for Talent development
- Austin Women in Technology (AWT)
- Health Information Management System Society (HIMSS)
- Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) – Capitol of Texas Chapter
- Texas Association of State Systems for Computing and Communications (TASSCC)
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE)
- InfraGard – Capital of Texas Alliance
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- Society for Information Management (SIM) – Austin Chapter