Creating Individual Resources Calendars within Microsoft Project
Whether big or small, Project 2013 is a great tool for managing a project’s timeline and resources. Resources are usually people involved in your project plan, though they can also be materials or equipment. For our purposes, we’ll focus on individuals as resources. While it’s imperative that project managers have a bird’s-eye view of a project to fully understand how the pieces work together, it’s equally important that each resource have a firm understanding of his or her contribution within the project. Creating individual resources calendars will help you do that, and help make sure that everyone knows his or her responsibilities and deadlines.
How to Print a Project Calendar for Each Individual on Your Team
To help each resource keep track of his or her responsibilities, you can print a calendar for each individual. The calendar will contain a list of the resource’s tasks, including due dates.
To create a calendar view for an individual resource:
- Navigate to the View tab and select Calendar in the Task Views group.
- Click the Filter drop down menu in the Data group.
- Choose the Using Resource option. The Using Resource window will open.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose the desired resource.
- Select Ok.
The calendar will now display only tasks assigned to that resource. You can then provide a printout of a resource’s tasks with each month on a separate page.
Organization is the key to a successful project, and creating individual calendars for each resource well help keep everyone on track with their responsibilities.
Additional Microsoft Project Resources
Microassist has been boosting the skills of business and government professionals for nearly 30 years.
- Take advantage of our technical training expertise by visiting our Course Schedule page for upcoming classes in Microsoft Project, ITIL, or Agile Scrum.
- To schedule a custom class for any Microsoft application on your organization’s campus, please contact our Training Team.
- Finally, be sure to look through our other Software Tips for more on Microsoft Office!
Subscribe to Monthly Training Updates
Receive monthly productivity and training insights, software tips, and notices of upcoming classes!