New DIR Accessibility Contract Provides Accessible Websites, Online Training, Applications, Documents, and More.
Microassist is pleased to announce it has been awarded contract DIR-TSO-3813: Accessibility IT Services from the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR).
This contract will help ensure your software platforms, online content and training, digital documents, and more comply with state accessibility requirements.
What Does Microassist’s DIR Accessibility IT Services Contract Provide?
Contracted offerings abide by international, federal, and state guidelines (as appropriate) to make digital assets and resources perceivable to people
- who are blind or have low vision,
- are part of the Deaf community or are hard of hearing,
- have mobility impairments, or
- have cognitive challenges.
Through DIR-TSO-3813: Accessibility IT Services, you can partner with Microassist to develop evaluate, or remediate your organization’s electronic materials and platforms according to agency, state, and federal accessibility guidelines, including Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and Texas Administrative Codes 206 and 213—all at DIR’s pre-negotiated, taxpayer friendly rates.
Our services include
- Accessibility audit services for content and platforms
- Website, application, and elearning development services
- Remediation services for existing content and platforms
- Staff training in creating accessible content and materials
Who’s Eligible to Use Microassist’s DIR Accessibility Contract?
The following organizations can take advantage of this competitively bid and awarded contract:
- Texas state agencies
- Local governments
- Institutions of higher education (including private and community colleges)
- Public assistance organizations
- Out-of-state government agencies
- Others listed on DIR’s Cooperative Contracts Eligibility Overview page
Learn More about Our Accessibility Services for Government
As a government-contracted vendor for almost three decades, we recognize the importance of making public-sector services available to all.
To learn more, visit our Accessibility IT Services for Government contract information page or the DIR Contract Detail page for our Accessibility IT Services contract.
Stay Up to Date!
Our weekly Accessibility in the News email curates top news stories on website accessibility compliance in business, higher ed, and government, along with disability-related tech, innovation, and human interest stories. Visit our Accessibility in the News archives and subscribe!