Accessibility Remediation for Federal Government
Need to comply with Section 508/504, WCAG, or other accessibility standards? Need to make an existing website, platform, group of documents, or other digital asset accessible?
Here’s how our accessibility remediation team helps federal agencies conform to WCAG, Section 504 and 508, Department of Education OCR, and ADA Title II/III requirements.
Websites, Applications, and Document Remediation: We Make Your Existing Digital Content Accessible
With the recent release of the President’s Management Agenda (PMA), our Federal clients have questions on how to evaluate the impact on their strategic goals. If you’re looking for a trusted partner to guide you into PMA compliance for your website, online learning and digital services, our team of experts can guide you on:
- 508 Compliance Accessibility Audit Reporting
- PDF and Digital Document Testing and Remediation
- Designing Elearning and Online Training Content Accessible to All Learners
- Manageable Roadmap for Implementing Digital Accessibility Strategy and Governance
Talk with our accessibility experts
What is accessibility remediation?
Accessibility remediation is the process of bringing your digital assets—such as websites, applications, and documents—into compliance with recognized standards of accessibility with the goal of providing a better user experience for people with disabilities. Typically, accessibility standards are based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 or 2.1:
- WCAG is often mentioned in legal decisions regarding website accessibility and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR) resolutions typically require that websites and digital content be remediated to conform to WCAG.
- Federal government and its information and communications technology (ICT) vendors are often held to Section 508 standards. Section 508 also heavily references WCAG.
What does accessibility remediation include?
Any accessibility remediation effort will first start with our accessibility audit services. By evaluating and testing your site, application, and documents against WCAG 2.0, Section 508, or other recognized accessibility standards, both your team and ours will have a firm grasp of what accessibility issues need to be addressed and in what priority.
After the audit, we will work with you to develop a roadmap on how to proceed, fully explaining what accessibility issues need to be fixed, by whom, in what order, and why. Many digital assets can be remediated directly by either your in-house team or our accessibility specialists; others may need to be recreated or converted to render them fully accessible. Still others may be third-party components that need discussions with the provider to move that component closer to being fully accessible.
What types of digital assets can be remediated?
Accessibility remediation services are available for
- online forms
- PDF documents
- other document formats
- Microsoft Office application files
- graphical documents and image files
- captioning, audio description for video files and content
- web, desktop, mobile, tablet, or other device components
- complex structures (tables, animations, carousels, interactive elements, etc.) within various file types