Microassist “Essentials of EIR Accessibility” Workshop Resources
Essentials of EIR Accessibility: An Overview of Key Elements
Thank you for attending the 10/9/2018 “Essentials of EIR Accessibility: An Overview of Key Elements” workshop, part of the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) Technology Today series and sponsored by TASSCC.
Here, you’ll find workshop materials, links to accessibility tools and training, and State of Texas accessible procurement-related information. Welcome!
Interested in more training? Register for our upcoming Content Developers training:
- Oct 23 – Document Accessibility, Part 2: PDF Accessibility, Intermediate
- Oct 30 – Document Accessibility, Part 3: PDF Accessibility, Advanced
- Nov 01 – Document Accessibility, Part 1: Word Accessibility and PDF Accessibility, Fundamentals, Part 1
“Essentials of EIR Accessibility” Workshop Resources
- Jeff Kline, Texas Statewide Accessibility Program Director
- Hiram Kuykendall, Microassist Chief Technology Officer
- DIR event survey — Was this session valuable? Please let us know! Survey provided by DIR and Joy Hall Bryant.
- “Essentials of EIR Accessibility” presentation (PowerPoint .pptx, 1 Mb) — Presentation file used during workshop. NOTE: Content is accessible within the “Notes” area.
- “Essentials of EIR Accessibility” worksheet (Word .docx, 34 Kb) – The handout provided during the session.
- PESO discussion list subscription page — Jeff mentioned the PESO email list during his introductory remarks. PESO (Public Electronic Services On-the-Internet) is a working group for discussing policy and technology issues related to improving access to government issues and services via the internet. Subscribe to register for membership.
- State Accessibility Rules
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Accessibility in the News — Archives of our free Accessibility in the News newsletter. Subscribers are updated weekly on news related to accessibility and disability issues.
- VPAT®/ACR (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template®/Accessibility Conformance Report)
- VADSIR (Vendor Accessibility Development Services Information Request)
- WAVE — Free Web Accessibility Evaluation tool, by WebAIM
- Paciello Colour Contrast Analyzer — The Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA) helps you determine the legibility of text and the contrast of visual elements, such as graphical controls and visual indicators.
- Closed Captions
- Open Caption
Accessibility and Training Newsletters
To continue growing your expertise in accessibility, sign up for one or more of our free Microassist newsletters. Simply subscribe below, then view our collection of these relevant accessibility articles.
Many thanks to the Texas Department of Information Resources, Jeff Kline, and everyone who organized and attended this event to make it a success!
Microassist has been a DIR-contracted vendor since 1992. We offer Government Solutions through four DIR contracts. Whether accessibility training, VPAT reviews, website or software accessibility audits and remediation, and more—how can we help you?
For Further Reading
Below is a selection of informative accessibility content from our blogs.
- Introducing VPAT® 2.0, the More Stringent Accessibility Reporting Tool Required for Government IT Procurement
- How Accessible Should My Digital Content Be? Understanding WCAG 2.0 Conformance Levels
- A Primer on Digital Accessibility Terms and Today’s Legal Landscape
- Principles and Tools from Modern Accessibility Techniques, Hiram Kuykendall’s AAUG Presentation
“Voluntary Product Accessibility Template” and “VPAT” are Federally Registered Service Marks of the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI).