Microsoft Office 365: Web Apps (with Skype for Business)
This course is an introduction to the Microsoft Office 365 (with Skype for Business) in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Skype for Business lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for later student reference.
Using Office 365, users can easily communicate with each other through Microsoft Outlook mail and Skype for Business instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft SharePoint Team Site provides a central location for accessing and modifying shared documents. The Office Web Apps enable users to perform basic tasks, such as opening, editing, printing, and saving documents without requiring an installation of the full desktop version of Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 2016 on a local computer.
This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have competence in a desktop-based installation of the Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, or 2016 edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, and who are now extending Microsoft Office to a collaborative cloud-based Office 365 environment.
To ensure your success, you will need competence in at least one of the primary applications in the 2010, 2013, or 2016 edition of the Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and/or Microsoft Excel), and competence in using the locally installed version of Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016 for email and calendaring. To meet these prerequisites, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft Windows 8.1 or Using Microsoft Windows 10 or Microsoft Windows 8.1: Transition from Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows 10: Transition from Windows 7
- Microsoft Office Word 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft Office Word 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft Office Excel 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft Office Excel 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2016: Part 1
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
In this course, you will build upon your knowledge of the Office 2010, 2013, or 2016 desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 environment. You will:
- Sign in to and navigate in the Office 365 environment.
- Create, edit, and share documents with team members using Office Web Apps and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Use email and manage contacts with the Outlook Web Apps.
- Use instant messaging and online meetings with Skype for Business.
- Set up your mobile devices to work with Office 365.
Lesson 1: Getting Started
Topic A: Sign In to Office 365
Topic B: Explore the Office 365 Environment
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
Topic A: Work with Shared Documents on the Team Site
Topic B: Edit Documents in Web Apps
Topic C: Collaborate on the SharePoint Team Site
Topic D: Work with My Site
Lesson 3: Using the Outlook Web Apps
Topic A: Use the Email Web App
Topic B: Manage Contacts
Topic C: Use the Calendar Web App
Topic D: Personalize Your Outlook Web Apps
Lesson 4: Communicating with Skype for Business
Topic A: Overview of Skype for Business
Topic B: Use IM
Topic C: Make Phone and Video Calls
Lesson 5: Using Skype for Business Meetings
Topic A: Initiate Meetings
Topic B: Use Meeting Controls and Options
Topic C: Customize Skype for Business
Lesson 6: Interacting with Mobile Devices
Topic A: Use Office 365 on Your Windows Tablet
Topic B: Access Office 365 Email with Your Smartphone
Topic C: Access Office 365 Documents from a Mobile Device