Introduction to Mobile Web Accessibility Testing & Development Training
In this one day Introduction to Mobile Accessibility Workshop, attendees will learn:
- Mobile Web Accessibility
- How to Test with Mobile Screen Readers
- Mobile Frameworks
- Responsive Web Design
- Mobile Accessibility Testing Tools
- Introduction to Native iOS and Android Accessibility Testing.
Attendees should bring iOS and Android devices along with their laptops and headphones as there will be hands-on mobile accessibility testing group projects.
There will be group accessibility testing and development projects to encourage collaboration and networking among attendees. Group projects will include testing mobile websites for accessibility problems, creating a simple report of issues, comparing test findings with group partners, brainstorming recommendations to fix accessibility issues, and sharing results with the class to prompt discussion.
Groups Activities Will Include:
- Manual Mobile Web Accessibility Testing & Reporting Exercises
- Discussion & Development of Mobile Accessibility Remediation Solutions
- Exploration of Automated Tools & Presentation of Pros/Cons of Testing Tools
- Native Accessibility Testing Exercise and Findings Presentation
February 8, 2018, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Microassist Training Center
8500 Shoal Creek, 4-225
Austin, TX 78757