Date(s) - Jan 11, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
For More Information
Contact our Training Team
Welcome to Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: The Basics. Microassist’s goal with this course is to introduce the learner to PDF accessibility so their PDF documents are accessible, perceivable, and usable by all those who access the information, regardless of level of ability or impairment.
This course is designed for beginning learners who would like to make simple PDF documents accessible.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have some working knowledge of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC platform.
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
After completing this class, you will be able to:
- Define what it means to make a PDF document accessible.
- Create PDF documents that can be used by those with disabilities.
- Identify Accessibility Standards
- Categories of Disability
- Major Accessibility Standards
- Describe Accessibility Standards
- Identify Remediation Resources
- Screen Readers
- Color Contrast Checkers
- Automated Accessibility Checkers
- Recognize the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Interface
- Navigation Panels
- Adobe Tools
- Practice Document Remediation Skills
- Edit, tag, rearrange, locate and artifact content.
- Explain the Remediation Process
- Practice the Remediation Process
- Color Contrast
- Document Settings & Properties
- Document Structure
- Heading Levels
- Figures and Alternative Text
- Reading Order
- Testing for Accessibility
- Adobe Internal Accessibility Checker
- Adobe Accessibility Report
- Discuss Screen Reader Testing