Date(s) - Jun 16, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
For More Information
Contact our Training Team
Welcome to Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: Intermediate Edition. Microassist’s goal with this course is to teach students the process to remediate and test a PDF document for accessibility issues to make the content accessible, perceivable, and usable by all those who access the information, regardless of level of ability or impairment. Given a simple PDF, participants will be able to remediate the PDF to meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria to a PDF document.
This course is designed for students who want to remediate PDF documents for accessibility standards using the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC platform and are familiar with the topics in the Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: The Basics course.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have some working knowledge of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC platform and basic knowledge about accessibility concepts. You can obtain these skills by taking the Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: The Basics course.
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
After completing this class, you will be able to:
- Apply accessibility standards to a PDF document.
- Use the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC platform to remediate a PDF document.
- Apply a process to remediate a PDF document.
- Test the PDF document against accessibility standards.
- Review Accessibility Standards
- Examine Remediation Resources
- Screen Readers
- Color Contrast Checkers
- Automated Accessibility Checkers
- Set Up Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Practice Document Remediation Skills
- New tags
- Content Panel Navigation and Artifacting
- Review the PDF Remediation Process
- Assess Color Contrast
- Modify Text Color in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Prepare Hyperlinks
- Modify Document Properties
- Evaluate Tag Structure
- Examine Alternative and Actual Text
- Assess Document Reading Order
- Test the PDF Document
- Adobe Accessibility Checker
- Screen Reader Overview