Date(s) - May 31, 2022
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
For More Information
Contact our Training Team
Welcome to Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: Advanced Edition. Microassist’s goal with this course is to teach students the process to remediate and test a PDF document for accessibility issues to make the content accessible, perceivable, and usable by all those who access the information, regardless of level of ability or impairment. Given a PDF document, participants will be able to remediate the PDF to meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria, which will be able to meet PDF/UA standards with no unintentional warnings or errors. Participants will also be given advanced items to remediate.
This course is designed for students who want to remediate advanced PDF documents for accessibility standards using the Adobe platform and are familiar with the topics in the Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: Intermediate Edition course.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have a working knowledge of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC platform and knowledge about accessibility concepts. You can obtain these skills by taking the Testing & Remediation Strategies for PDF Accessibility: Intermediate Edition course.
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
After completing this class, you will be able to:
- Review accessibility standards, tools, and processes for a PDF document.
- Apply PDF/UA standards to a PDF document.
- Remediate advanced elements.
- Work with the PAC3 tool.
- Practice remediation topics to meet your needs.
- Review Accessibility Standards
- Examine Remediation Resources
- Screen Readers
- Color Contrast Checkers
- Automated Accessibility Checkers
- Breakdown PDF/UA Standards
- Examine common PAC3 Errors
- Bounding Boxes
- Structure Element
- Alternative Text
- Evaluate the Remediation Process
- WCAG 2.0
- Illustrate Advanced Remediation Elements
- Color Contrast
- Complex Tables
- Form Fields
- Scanned PDF Documents
- Practice Remediation
- Expert in the Room