Date(s) - Mar 29, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Microassist Training Rooms
For More Information
Contact our Training Team
You will work with advanced queries to manipulate and index tables. You will also create transactions so that you can choose to save or cancel data entry process.
To find out when this course is being offered next, please refer to our Course Schedule.
Students should have basic computer skills, SQL skills, and be familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K courses, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use subqueries to generate query output.
- manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- manipulate the table structure.
- create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices.
- mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Lesson 1: Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
Topic 1A: Search Based on Unknown Values
Topic 1B: Compare a Value with Unknown Values
Topic 1C: Search Based on the Existence of Records
Topic 1D: Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
Topic 1E: Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
Topic 1F: Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Lesson 2: Manipulating Table Data
Topic 2A: Insert Data
Topic 2B: Modify and Delete Data
Lesson 3: Manipulating the Table Structure
Topic 3A: Create a Table
Topic 3B: Create a Table with Constraints
Topic 3C: Add and Drop Table Columns
Topic 3D: Add and Drop Constraints
Topic 3E: Modify the Column Definition
Topic 3F: Back Up Tables
Topic 3G: Delete Tables
Lesson 4: Working with Views
Topic 4A: Create a View
Topic 4B: Manipulate Data in Views
Topic 4C: Create Aliases
Topic 4D: Modify and Drop Views
Lesson 5: Indexing Data
Topic 5A: Create Indices
Topic 5B: Drop Indices
Lesson 6: Managing Transactions
Topic 6A: Create Transactions
Topic 6B: Commit Transactions
Appendix A: Structure of the Bookstore Database