Strategies for Evaluating Vendor VPAT/ACR Attestations
Purchasing accessible goods and services has become an increasing challenge for both purchasers and requestors. As organizations strive to increase diversity and inclusion in the workplace, those responsible for the acquisition of information and communication technology (websites, web applications, software, computers, information kiosks, telecommunications equipment, multi-function office machines, electronic documents, et cetera) are tasked with evaluating complex solutions based on a variety of credible evidence such as a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) / Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR). In this course, we will provide a structured method for evaluating vendor ACR attestations with the goal of making an award eligible, award eligible with exception process, or rejection determination.
Please Note – Virtual Course Delivery During COVID-19: Microassist is pleased to offer this class virtually through Zoom or similar virtual classroom hosting platforms. The class will be available in person (onsite or at the Microassist Training Center) as safety dictates.
To explore scheduling options for your organization, please contact our training team.
This course is for purchasers, requestors, and those responsible for the acquisition of information and communication technology.
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
At the end of the class, the student should be able to apply the evaluation methods and arrive at a recommendation based on the validity of the vendor ACR attestation. The following assets are used in the class and carry forward with the student to assist in future reviews:
- Accessibility Conformance Report Evaluation Form
Contains a step by step process for evaluating vendor Accessibility Conformance Claims
- Vendor Information Request Form
Document questions for vendor response.
- WCAG Success Criteria Worksheet
Example of commonly evaluated WCAG accessibility success criteria.
- It’s All About Procurement
- Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)
- VPAT 2.x WCAG Edition – WCAG 2.0/2.1
- VPAT WCAG Edition – Gaps
- VPAT 2.x 508 Edition
- Understanding Your Accessibility Requirements
- ICT Policy / Accessibility Policy
- 2.8. Summarize
- ACR Audit Begins
- Building Block: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Building Block: WCAG – Limiting Criteria
- ACR Preliminary Checks
- ACR WCAG Edition – Header Section
- ACR WCAG Edition – WCAG 2.x Report Section
- ACR WCAG Edition – WCAG 2.x Report Evaluation – Conformance Level
- ACR WCAG Edition – WCAG 2.x Report Evaluation – Requester and Additional Resources Engagement
- ACR WCAG Edition – Legal Disclaimer
- ACR WCAG Edition – Purchasing Recommendation
- VPAT 508 Edition – For Reference
- VPAT 2.3 508: VPAT 2.x 508 vs. VPAT 2.x WCAG
- VPAT 2.x 508 Edition – Header Section
- VPAT 2.x 508 Edition – WCAG Report Section
- VPAT 2.x 508 Edition – Revised Section 508 Report Section
- VPAT 2.x 508 Edition – Legal Disclaimer
- VPAT 1.x (Pre-2017)
- Exercise: ACR 2.x Evaluation
- Sketchy Web Tools ACR Workgroup Assignment
- Vendor Questioning
- Requestor Communication
- Group Recommendation