ITIL and M_o_R Certification:
Management of Risk: Foundation
The Management of Risks (M_o_R) courses incorporate all the activities required to identify and control the exposure to any type of risk, positive or negative, which may have an impact on the achievement of an organization’s business objectives. M_o_R combines an overall approach with a set of processes and principles. Attendees learn how to embed these practices, review them, and where necessary adapt them to changing circumstances. The training covers a framework for the management of risk across all parts of an organization: strategic, project, program and operational.
- Executives and staff responsible building a comprehensive risk approach for the entire organization
- Program, Portfolio and Project Managers
- Operational managers and staff
- Risk Managers and staff with the responsibilities for identifying, assessing, planning, or managing risks, or reporting on risk management activities across the organization
- Business, Program and Project Support staff and managers.
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
The attendees are introduced to the principles, processes and techniques used to enable the identification, assessment and control of risks across any organization using the M_o_R framework. Attendees will learn how to establish, develop and embed risk management as a corporate process.
- Better management of threats and opportunities
- Improved service delivery
- Greater competitive advantage
- Protection of organizational value and benefits
- Improved communication within the organization
- Closer internal focus on doing the right things properly
- More efficient use of resources
- Reduced waste and fraud, and better value for money
- Provides a disciplined environment for productive decision making
- Better management of contingent and maintenance activities
- A means to monitor and react to early warning indicators as a way to protect organizational objectives.
The exam is seventy questions, multiple-choice and lasts one hour. It is given on the last day of class at 3pm. To pass the exam a 50% score must be obtained.