Information Systems Certification and Accreditation Professional
Mile2’s vendor neutral Information Systems Certification and Accreditation Professional certification training quantifies the process of certifying, reviewing and accrediting an information system by IT professionals. This certification is designed to provide, through its contents and referenced resources, a complete guide to establishing a certified and accredited information system in any organization.
This course was created as a standard to measure the set of skills that specific members of an organization are required to have for the practice of certifying, reviewing and accrediting the security of information systems. Specifically, this training was designed for the individuals who are responsible for creating and implementing the processes used to evaluate risk and institute security baselines and requirements. These critical decisions will be essential in making sure that the security of the information systems outweighs the potential risks to an organization from any internal or external threats.
- Information System Owners
- Information System Security Officers
- Authorizing Officials Information Owners
- Certifiers and Security Control Assessors
- System Managers
- Project Managers
- User and Business Representatives
- U.S. State and Local Governments
A minimum of 12 months’ professional experience in an IT or management
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
Upon completion, Information Systems Certification and Accreditation Professional students will be able to establish a certified and accredited (authorized) information system in any organization according to current best practices and Federal standards. Students will also be ready to take the ISCAP exam given by mile2.
Continuing education: 24 CPE Credits
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from Mile2.com.
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework
- The Software Development Life Cycle
- Risk Management Framework Step 1
- Risk Management Framework Step 2
- Risk Management Framework Step 3
- Risk Management Framework Step 4
- Risk Management Framework Step 5
- Risk Management Framework Step 6