Certified Information Systems Security Officer
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer course is designed for forward-thinking security professionals that want the advanced skill set necessary to manage and consult businesses on information security.
The C)ISSO addresses the broad range of industry best practices, knowledge and skills expected of a security leader. The candidate will learn both the theory and the requirements for practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance. Through the use of a risk-based approach, a C)ISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are aligned with business requirements.
Whether you are responsible for the management of a Cyber Security team, a Security Officer, an IT auditor or a Business Analyst, the C)ISSO course is the ideal way to increase your knowledge, expertise, skill, and credibility.
The C)ISSO program standards are closely aligned with those of the ISO27001, NIST, CISM® and the CISSP® CBK® exam objectives. The C)ISSO excels by providing a well-rounded, comprehensive overview of essential security topics.
To find out when this course is being offered next, please refer to our Course Schedule.
The C)ISSO course is a security leadership course designed for those who already know a little bit about security. We recommend a knowledge of what is covered in our C)SS: Certified Security Sentinel course as a prerequisite. People who are in or are going into the following professional roles will especially benefit from our course:
- Security Analyst/Consultant
- Director of Security
- Security Architect
- Security Auditor
- System Administrator
- Chief Security Officer
After you complete the C)ISSO we encourage you to further develop your security knowledge and skillset by learning how to perform penetration tests in our C)PTE: Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Course and learning how to respond when a security breach takes place in our C)IHE: Certified Incident Handling Engineer Course.
- C)SS: Security Sentinel
- C)VA: Vulnerability Assessor
- OR Equivalent Experience
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Have knowledge to detect security threats and risk
- Have knowledge to design a security solution to mitigate risk and threats
- Have knowledge to accurately report on their findings from examinations
- Be ready to sit for the C)ISSO Exam
The National Security Agency has validated the C)ISSO for the following security standards:
- NSTISSI – 4011: National Training Standard for Information Systems Security (INFOSEC)
- CNSSI – 4012: National Information Assurance Training Standard for Senior Systems Managers
Continuing education: 40 CPE Credits
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (MACS), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from the store on Mile2.com.
With 19 up-to-date modules, the C)ISSO covers not only the critical skills you need to help your business prevent a cyber security breach but also how to detect and respond if one takes place.
- Risk Management
- Security Management
- Identification and Authentication
- Access Control
- Security Models and Evaluation Criteria
- Operations Security
- Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Asymmetric Cryptography and PKI
- Network Connections
- Network Protocols and Devices
- Telephony, VPNs, and Wireless
- Security Architecture and Attacks
- Software Development Security
- Database Security and Development
- Malware and Software Attacks
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Physical Security