- Custom E-Learning
- E-Learning Overview
- Courseware Development
- Accessible E-Learning
- Learning Management Systems
- E-Learning Case Studies
- Examples of Our Work
- Audio & Video
- The Learning Dispatch
- Classroom Training
- Application Development
- Resource Center
- Ask the Experts
- E-Learning Resources
- Learning Center
- Government Solutions
- Screen Backgrounds
- About MicroAssist
- Career Opportunities
- Community Involvement
- Client Testimonials
- Client Successes
- Contact Us
Why Upgrade to 2010?
Ready for some training? Check out our Course List!
Upgrading to a new version of Microsoft Office can seem intimidating. Making the switch to Microsoft Office 2010 is worth it, though; this version of Office is packed with new features and improvements. These may seem like small upgrades, but put together, they make a huge difference. Some of our favorites include:
- Real-time co-authoring of documents allows for quick collaboration
- Improved Outlook conversation and calendar management tools
- Improved data visualization in Excel and Sparklines
- New audio, video, and animation tools in PowerPoint
- Vastly improved ribbon
- Built in PDF support
Read on for a more in-depth look at improvements to Microsoft Office 2010 - and remember, MicroAssist is here to help you with all your Office 2010 needs, including migration, licensing, deployment, and technical support. We are also the leading local provider of classes on Microsoft Office.
Teamwork and Communication Tools: Accomplish more when working together.
- Brainstorm ideas, keep versions in sync, and meet deadlines faster when you're working in groups. Co-authoring in Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Excel Web App, and OneNote 2010 shared notebooks
enables you to edit the same file at the same time with other people - no matter their location1.
- Save travel costs by enabling your people with better communication tools. Office 2010 helps save time and money by providing one-click communication through unified communications technology, and document sharing from within Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, without the need to switch applications. This makes virtual meetings more effective so team members can get more done without being in the same room.
- Get your message out instantly. Broadcast your PowerPoint presentation to a remote audience, whether or not they have PowerPoint installed.2 The new PowerPoint Broadcast Slide Show feature enables you to present right from your desk, while your audience views the presentation live in their Web browser.
Portability: Enjoy the familiar Office experience from more locations and devices. With Office 2010, you can get things done on your schedule.
- Use Microsoft Office Web Apps to extend your Office experience to the web. Store your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files online, and then access, view, edit, and share content from virtually anywhere.3
- Enable employees to work offline and keep your business moving forward. SharePoint Workspace 2010 allows everyone to take content from SharePoint sites offline and work with that content from their desktop, without reliance on an Internet connection.
- Keep Office 2010 in your pocket. Stay current and respond quickly using new mobile versions of Office applications designed specifically for your Windows 7 Phone.4
Improved Visualizations: Express your ideas more visually, create powerful data insights, and deliver compelling presentations.
- Make informed business decisions. Excel 2010 provides tools for improved data visualization, so you can gain key insights quickly, and easily turn the numbers into a story to share with others. The new Sparklines feature delivers a clear and compact visual representation of your data through small charts within worksheet cells. Slicers let you filter and segment your PivotTable data in multiple layers so you can spend more time analyzing and less time formatting.
- Express your ideas more visually. Office 2010 opens up a world of design options to help you express your ideas with more impact. New and improved picture formatting tools, such as color saturation and artistic effects, let you transform your visuals into works of art. And a wide range of new customizable themes and SmartArt® graphic layouts offer more ways to make your ideas stick.
- Create sophisticated marketing in-house to get your business noticed. Office 2010 puts you in the director’s chair, enabling you to create dazzling digital content in PowerPoint 2010 that comes to life with cutting-edge audio/video capabilities and animation enhancements. Your business can cut costs by reducing the need for third-party multimedia tools and design agencies.
- Deliver compelling presentations. Captivate your audience with personalized videos in your presentations. Embed and edit videos directly in PowerPoint 2010. Trim, add fades and effects, or bookmark key scenes. Videos inserted from your files are now embedded by default, so you can share your dynamic presentations without having to manage separate media files.
Ease of Use: Work your way, faster and more easily.
- Enjoy the improved ribbon. The new ribbon has all the things you loved about the classic, 2003 menus, like a File Menu tab, as well as further refinement of the Office 2007 Ribbon. Say goodbye to the Office Orb!
- Keep it simple. Microsoft Office Backstage™ view replaces the traditional File menu to give you a centralized space for all of your file management tasks, including save, share, print, and publish. The enhanced Ribbon, common across Office 2010 applications, lets you access commands quickly and create or customize tabs to fit your work style.
- Keep your sanity if you lose a document.