- Custom E-Learning
- E-Learning Overview
- Courseware Development
- Accessible E-Learning
- Learning Management Systems
- E-Learning Case Studies
- Examples of Our Work
- Audio & Video
- The Learning Dispatch
- Classroom Training
- Application Development
- Resource Center
- Ask the Experts
- E-Learning Resources
- Learning Center
- Government Solutions
- Screen Backgrounds
- About MicroAssist
- Career Opportunities
- Community Involvement
- Client Testimonials
- Client Successes
- Contact Us
Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services (DBITS)
How to Order
Contact MicroAssist to place an order, obtain a quote, see a demonstration or for more information.
- For product and pricing information, call Donald Twining at (512) 794-8440.
- Generate a purchase order, made payable to MicroAssist, Inc.
Note: Please reference MicroAssist’s contract #DIR-SDD-1972 and the service category(ies) below on your purchase order.
- Fax your purchase order and quote forms to 512-794-8742.
- MicroAssist will process the order and invoice your agency.
DIR Contract Number: DIR-SDD-1972
Your agency may select services from any one of the technology categories below, or a combination thereof. MicroAssist will respond through a Statement of Work (SOW) to agencies to perform the services as described below. Note that the explanations below are not meant to be an exclusive and exhaustive list, but rather a general indication of the services MicroAssist offers within a given technology service category.
Application Maintenance & Support
- Definition: Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
- Examples of included services: research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and implementing maintenance changes; correcting software errors; modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs; making modifications to the applications and documentation; writing ad hoc queries; loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation. Services may need to be available 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Definition: SOA organizes business software in a granular fashion so that common functions can be used interchangeably by different departments internally and by external business partners. The more granular the components (the more pieces), the more they can be reused. SOA is a way of thinking about IT assets as service components. When functions in a large application are made into stand-alone services that can be accessed separately, they are beneficial to several parties. SOAs are implemented via application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow components to communicate with each other.
- Examples of included services: planning and assessment; requirements development; proof of concept; implementation; deployment; governance; application programming and support services; system software administration and support; and training support.
Technology Migration / Upgrade & Transformation
- Definition: Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Examples of included services: assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are: technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
- Definition: IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
- Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; bandwidth assessments, network performance and strategic and tactical planning.
- Definition: Application Development means the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Examples of included services: researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
For more information on DIR's Cooperative Contracts program, visit http://www2.dir.state.tx.us/ict/overview/Pages/overview.aspx.
8500 Shoal Creek Boulevard, Sui