- Curriculum Development
- E-Learning Overview
- Accessible E-Learning
- Learning Management Systems
- E-Learning Case Studies
- Examples of Our Work
- The Learning Dispatch
- L&D Resources
- Classroom Training
- Application Development
- Resource Center
- E-Learning Resources
- Learning Center
- Government Solutions
- About Us
- Contact Us
Office 2010 Migration Planning Manager
The Office Migration Planning Manager (OMPM) 2010 is a group of tools designed to help administrators during the planning and testing phases of a Microsoft Office 2010 deployment.
OMPM assists administrators in the discovery and compatibility assessment of existing Office documents for conversion from the binary document formats (.doc, .xls, etc.) to OpenXML formats (.docx, .xlsx, etc.). Additionally, OMPM 2010 adds features to assess macro compatibility with Office 2010 and 64 bit Office compatibility. The toolkit also contains the Office File Converter (OFC), which enables bulk document conversions from binary to OpenXML formats, and a Version Extraction Tool (VET) to extract saved file versions.
The OMPM tool was first released with Microsoft Office 2007, so some of you might be aware of its prior features. The following highlights some of the improvements in OMPM 2010:
- Bulk Macro Compatibility Scanning – incorporates logic from Office Code Compatibility Inspector (OCCI) tool to produce count of potential number of VBA issues due to changes in object model.
- Bulk 64-bit compatibility scanning - incorporates logic from OCCI tool to produce count of potential number of 64-bit (declare) VBA issues due use of 64-bit Office.
- Pre-defined date filtering for scans – allow exclusion of files based on last accessed or last modified dates. Files which are skipped are logged.
- SQL 2008/SQL 2008 R2 support – support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 has been enabled, remains compatible with SQL 2005.
- Various bug fixes – several existing OMPM and OFC bugs have been included for correction in this release.
Visit Microsoft's website to download the Office Migration Planning Manager and to get additional information on its requirements.