- Curriculum Development
- E-Learning Overview
- Accessible E-Learning
- Learning Management Systems
- E-Learning Case Studies
- Examples of Our Work
- The Learning Dispatch
- L&D Resources
- E-Learning Resources
- Classroom Training
- Law Enforcement
- About Us
- Career Opportunities
- Community Involvement
- Government Solutions
- Client Successes
- Contact Us
Learning Management Systems
Do You Need a Learning Management System?
You developed the training and now you need to roll it out. Do you really need a learning management system (LMS)? Well, that depends.
What Do You Have to Consider?
- Regulatory compliance (do your users need easy access to compliance training?)
- Tracking and reporting (What kind of metrics do you need?)
- Cost (What kind of budget do you have?)
- Administration (What support can you provide to administer the LMS?)
- Access for external users (Do users outside your organization need to take training?)
- Federal and state accessibility requirements (Does your LMS need to be accessible?)
Learning management system software allows you to measure and manage the planning, delivery, and effectiveness of learning events, including online, virtual classroom, and instructor-led courses. It provides the means to perform administrative tasks, such as:
- Enrollment and authentication
- Scheduling training
- Tracking assessments and student progress which allows you to track staff training, insure compliance with training mandates, lead new employees through an on boarding process
- Training resource management
What an LMS Will Do for You
An LMS can simplify external, local and global certification efforts, efficiently deliver standardized training to far-flung learners, enable your organization to align learning initiatives with strategic goals, and provide a means of enterprise-level skills management.
MicroAssist LMS Hosting Benefits
MicroAssist can host your LMS and learning content. Benefits of hosting the LMS with us include:
- We use a widely supported open source LMS. Open source LMS' do not have a per seat, per user or per gig license. This makes the less expensive, especially for outward facing training.
- You are the owner of both the LMS and the content. You can take it in-house whenever you like or move your SCORM compliant content.
- We have a robust solution hosted in multiple data centers for maximum up-time.
MicroAssist’s learning management systems are open source solutions that enable organizations to:
- Deploy and manage a wide variety of types of training
- Deliver learning to tightly managed, specific groups
- Set up and manage learning communities
- Assess and report on learner progress
- Create large-scale public-facing training solutions
- Track capabilities year on year
- Minimize costs
We offer our clients in Texas and around the world a choice between several LMS solutions, depending on what’s best for their needs. Our offerings include:
- Large-scale, open-source deployments for blended learning and full elearning curriculums
- The creation of richly collaborative learning communities using forums, databases, wikis, podcasts, and more
- If you are a government organization, you can purchase our solution through the Texas Department of Information Resources’ Cooperative Contract DIR-TSO–2589.
To learn more about what a MicroAssist learning solution can do for you, read over our case studies (http://www.microassist.com/what-can-e-learning-do-for-your-organization) or give us a call at 512–794–8440.
Please visit some publicly available sites developed for outreach and education:
Have a question? Meet Heather Poggi-Mannis, our E-Learning evangelist. Heather has been working in the training industry for 12 years and has worked with several clients on their learning management system needs. Her technical background and previous experience includes a BSEE from the University of Texas at Austin, working for Texas Instruments Analog Devices, as well as product manager for a Computer Telephony Integration product line in the early 1990s. In each of these roles she provided outreach and training to both her internal and external clients.
Now Heather is dedicated to helping people find the right E-Learning solution for their organization. She'll take you through every step of the process from technology considerations to content development, all the way through to review, deployment, and hosting.