The Road to Accessible E-Learning Starts Here
Are you unsure how to create E-Learning that satisfies federal, state and local accessibility requirements?
Do you have a need for an accessible Learning Management System that can help you achieve your distribution and instructional design goals?
Have a question? Meet Heather Poggi-Mannis, our E-Learning evangelist. Heather has been working in the training industry for 12 years.
Phone: (512) 794-8440
For the past 10 years, MicroAssist has assisted customers in the production, distribution, and management of E-Learning solutions. This includes the art and science of making materials perceivable to people who are blind or have low vision, are part of the Deaf community, have mobility impairments, and / or have cognitive challenges.
Our Accessible E-Learning Services-
MicroAssist can help you create compliant E-Learning, evaluate existing e-learning for compliance, and remediate e-learning towards compliance.
- Our instructional design teams are well versed in Section 508, WCAG 2.0, and many state laws such as Texas Administrative Code, Title 1, Chapters 206 and 213; and can guide teams through the accessible design process.
- Our design teams specialize in making E-Learning modules accessible in a variety of formats -- HTML, PDF, PowerPoint, Word documents, video, audio, etc.
- We use industry standard, rapid E-Learning development tools such as Lectora, Captivate, and Flash to create rich learning experiences for ALL learners.
- MicroAssist’s award winning accessible project design methodology ensures training materials are delivered on time, on budget, and are of the highest quality.
- The training division has extensive knowledge of many industry standard and open source Learning Management Systems that will fit almost any budget.
- MicroAssist will host YOUR accessible open source or proprietary Learning Management for a rapid launch!
Accessible training doesn't have to be boring! By blending instructional design and universal design philosophy, we create a rich interactive experience that enables the best experience for all learners.
Accessible Training Examples
While all of the training we create for state and federal agencies has to meet accessibility guidelines, you can find specific examples that highlight our accessibility philosophy on our accessible e-learning demo page.
Presentations and Other Resources
- Is Captivate Speaking to Me - Using Text to Speech
- John Slatin AccessU 2010 – Success in Accessible E-Learning: Part 1 – Policy and Theory
- Accessibility: Why It's Worth It
- Accessibility Training for Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Southwest Conference on Disabilities 2011 – Success in Accessible E-Learning
- Open AIR 2012 – Introduction to Accessibility
- Open AIR 2012 – Forms Accessibility
- Open AIR 2012 – Accessibility Testing
- E-Learning: The Good, The Bad and the Unperceivable
- Small Employer of the Year - Austin Mayor's Committee for People with Disabilities
- 2012 AIR (Accessibility Internet Rally) Interactive First Prize - Unchain my Art - a web site designed for