PowerPoint 2010: Level 2
You will enhance your presentation by using features that will transform it into a powerful means of communication. You will customize the PowerPoint interface to suit your requirements and use features to create dynamic and visually appealing presentations. You will then finalize a presentation and secure it to authenticate its validity.
This course is designed for professionals who will use Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 to prepare presentations and be more productive in their work.
To ensure the successful completion of PowerPoint 2010: Level 2, we recommend completion of the following MicroAssist courses, or equivalent knowledge from another source:
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Customize the PowerPoint environment
- Customize a design template
- Add SmartArt graphics to a presentation
- Add special effects to a presentation
- Customize a slide show
- Collaborate on a presentation
- Secure and distribute a presentation
MicroAssist’s instructor-led training consists of group-paced learning models with structured hands-on activities. The dedicated learning environment encourages focused learning supported by key resources.
- Private Training Facility – Our training rooms are designed to provide students with a comfortable and distraction-free environment. Being able to focus on each step and its implications leads to better retention of the new material.
- In-person Instructor – The instructor presents learning material live in the classroom, allowing for effective information dissemination and active classroom management. The face-to-face nature of the class allows for student-teacher interaction that aids in successfully completing each lesson.
- Student Work Station – Each student is provided a desktop or laptop computer to work with during the training class. The computers are equipped with the appropriate student files and programs so students can replicate the steps in each lesson. Being able to manually complete each lesson fosters increased understanding.
- Student Manual – Each student is supplied a manual that provides a general overview of each concept as well as detailed instructions on how to complete each task. The manual is the student’s to keep and makes an excellent reference guide.
Lesson 1: Customizing the PowerPoint Environment
Topic 1A: Customize the PowerPoint Interface
Topic 1B: Set Options for Working with PowerPoint
Lesson 2: Customizing a Design Template
Topic 2A: Set Up a Slide Master
Topic 2B: Create Custom Slide Layouts
Topic 2C: Add Headers and Footers
Topic 2D: Modify the Notes Master
Topic 2E: Modify the Handout Master
Lesson 3: Adding SmartArt Graphics to a Presentation
Topic 3A: Insert SmartArt Graphics
Topic 3B: Modify SmartArt Graphics
Lesson 4: Adding Special Effects to a Presentation
Topic 4A: Add Multimedia Elements
Topic 4B: Customize Slide Component Animations
Lesson 5: Customizing a Slide Show
Topic 5A: Set Up a Custom Slide Show
Topic 5B: Annotate a Presentation
Topic 5C: Create a Presenter-Independent Slide Show
Topic 5D: Set Up a Slide Show to Repeat Automatically
Lesson 6: Collaborating on a Presentation
Topic 6A: Review a Presentation
Topic 6B: Publish Slides to a Slide Library
Topic 6C: Restrict Access to a Shared Presentation
Topic 6D: Share a Presentation Using PowerPoint Web App
Lesson 7: Securing and Distributing a Presentation
Topic 7A: Broadcast a Presentation
Topic 7B: Convert a Presentation into a Video
Topic 7C: Package a Presentation
Topic 7D: Publish a Presentation to Other File Formats
Topic 7E: Secure a Presentation
Appendix A: PowerPoint Mobile 2010
Appendix B: Math Equation Support