Technology-Based Training (TBT) for Government
Contract DIR-SDD-1942, Technology-Based Training
Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
Microassist, Inc., Vendor ID: 1742768479400
Microassist certified Texas HUB: #56092
As part of our Government Solutions offerings, Microassist offers off-the-shelf and custom-developed technology-based training (TBT) services to Texas state agencies, county and local government offices, public institutions of higher education and school districts, and public entities outside Texas. Also known as “computer-based training” and “elearning,” these services are available to DIR-eligible customers without an additional bidding process. We’ve offered these training services to Texas government organizations since 1992.
Services covered under this TBT contract include
- Off-the-Shelf eLearning Solutions – More than 6,300 standard off-the-shelf business and compliance course titles are available.
- Customized Training Solutions – We can work with you to develop and deliver a customized course for specific employee or constituent training initiatives.
- LMS Maintenance Support and Hosting – Microassist can also optionally host and support your learning management system (LMS) for either option if desired.
Commodity Codes are listed at the end of this page.
NOTE: Microassist also holds DIR contracts for Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) and Web Development and Managed Services. We also offer Instructor-Led (Classroom) Training (ILT) (See this important note about ILT).
How to Order
Contact Microassist to place an order, obtain a quote, see a demonstration or for more information.
- For product and pricing information, call Donald Twining at (512) 794-8440.
- Generate a purchase order, made payable to Microassist, Inc.
NOTE: Please reference Microassist’s contract #DIR-SDD-1942 on your purchase order.
- Fax your purchase order and quote forms to 512-794-8742.
- Microassist will process the order and invoice your agency.
What Services Are Offered under This TBT Contract?
Whether it’s “shrink-wrapped” content or custom subject matter, Microassist provides effective products and services that increase overall comprehension and move organizations forward.
Microassist’s asynchronous (i.e., students and instructor are not in the same location at the same time) courses often use a learning management system (LMS) to deliver training modules or content to students. This technology-based training incorporates learner-centric models of instruction and allows students to acquire knowledge and skills via one or multiple self-paced online modules.
For information about any Voluntary Product Accessibility Template® (VPAT®) that may be required for your project, please refer to our VPAT page.
Off-the-Shelf Elearning Solutions
Microassist offers a comprehensive course catalog of over 6,300 pre-developed, “shrink-wrapped” courses. These courses are purchased on a subscription basis. Course areas include:
- Technology – 3,962 courses such as A+, Cisco Certification, networking, operating systems, communications technologies, office applications, design and media, ecommerce, Linux, Microsoft, Novell, Network+, programming and web development, project management, Server+, security, wireless, and more.
- Business and Management – 2,292 courses on business skills, sales, customer service and leadership, including time management, problem solving, developing leadership, communications, marketing and sales, management, finance, strategic planning, business presentations, and teamwork, among others.
- Compliance – 115 courses on accessibility, code of conduct, employment law, financial and legal compliance, HIPAA awareness, occupational safety, sexual harassment and misconduct, and workplace ethics.
Customized Training Solutions
Whether it’s internally for your employees, an agency outreach program, or a special focus group, we can create highly interactive, custom elearning solutions to meet your specific training requirements.
Microassist offers business system integration, collaboration and knowledge management, content development, learning management system (LMS) creation, administration and support, and rich media to enhance a student’s experience within the learning environment. Regardless of the technology, Microassist builds custom training modules for technology-based training and includes instructional design, curriculum development, graphic design, LMS creation and/or configuration, and content management system creation and/or configuration.
Learning Management System Maintenance Support and Hosting
In response to our customers’ needs to reduce the risk of producing and publishing elearning, Microassist created a multi-tier managed services solution based on Open Source technology. By eliminating the technology and licensing risks associated with elearning, the customer can focus immediately on instructional design and content production. At the end of the Maintenance Support and Hosting contract, the customer can then take the LMS in house, take just the learning objects in house, or continue with Microassist. The key to this service is elimination of risk to the customer by maximizing flexibility.
To access PDF files, use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Contract DIR-SDD-1942
- Appendix A, Standard Terms and Conditions
- Appendix B, HUB Subcontracting Plan
- Appendix C, Product and Pricing Index
For more information on DIR’s Cooperative Contracts program, visit DIR’s Cooperative Contracts page.
8500 Shoal Creek Boulevard, Suite 4-225
Austin, Texas 78757
Phone: (512) 794-8440
Fax: (512) 794-8742
Department of Information Resources
300 W. 15th Street, Suite 1300
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 463-0687
The following warranty is provided for technology-based training products and services in which Microassist provides directly to Customers:
The Customer has 30 days from the date of deliverable invoice to inform Microassist of its determination that Microassist has made errors in the completed deliverable. Customer will immediately inform Microassist of the Customer’s determination. Microassist shall make such corrections and revisions as are necessary so that the unacceptable in-scope deliverables are satisfactory to Customer and shall be corrected without cost to Customer. Correction is limited to rework of the unsatisfactory in-scope work without change(s) to the original specifications and without regard to the amount of the effort expended on the original deliverable. Because of the nature of the services provided, Microassist does not offer a return policy, but will warrant deliverables according to the provision above.
- 920-91 — Training, Computer Based (Software Supported)