Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services (DBITS) for Government
DIR Contract DIR-SDD-1972, DBITS
Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
Microassist, Inc., Vendor ID: 1742768479400
Microassist Certified Texas HUB #: 56092
As part of our Government Solutions offerings, Microassist offers Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services (DBITS) services to Texas state agencies, county and local government offices, public institutions of higher education and school districts, and public entities outside Texas.
Services covered under this DBITS contract include
- Application Maintenance and Support
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Technology Migration/Upgrade and Transformation
- Information Technology Assessments and Planning
- Application Development
Commodity Codes are listed at the end of this page.
NOTE: Microassist also holds DIR contracts for Technology-Based Training and Web Development and Managed Services. We also offer Instructor-Led (Classroom) Training (ILT) (See this important note about ILT).
How to Order
Contact Microassist to review your specifications, place an order, or obtain more information.
- For product and pricing information, call Donald Twining at (512) 794-8440.
- Generate a purchase order, made payable to Microassist, Inc.
NOTE: Please reference Microassist’s contract #DIR-SDD-1972 and the service category(ies) below on your purchase order.
- Fax your purchase order and quote forms to 512-794-8742.
- Microassist will process the order and invoice your agency.
What Services Are Offered under This DBITS Contract?
Your agency may select DBITS services from any one of the technology categories below, or a combination thereof. Microassist will respond through a Statement of Work (SOW) to agencies to perform the services as described below. Note that the explanations below are not meant to be an exclusive and exhaustive list, but rather a general indication of the Deliverables-Based IT Services Microassist offers within a given technology service category.
Application Maintenance and Support
- Definition: Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
- Examples of included services: Research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and implementing maintenance changes; correcting software errors; modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs; making modifications to the applications and documentation; writing ad hoc queries; loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation. Services may need to be available 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Definition: SOA organizes business software in a granular fashion so that common functions can be used interchangeably by different departments internally and by external business partners. The more granular the components (the more pieces), the more they can be reused. SOA is a way of thinking about IT assets as service components. When functions in a large application are made into stand-alone services that can be accessed separately, they are beneficial to several parties. SOAs are implemented via application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow components to communicate with each other.
- Examples of included services: Planning and assessment; requirements development; proof of concept; implementation; deployment; governance; application programming and support services; system software administration and support; and training support.
Technology Migration/Upgrade and Transformation
- Definition: Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Examples of included services: Assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are: technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
- Definition: IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
- Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; bandwidth assessments, network performance and strategic and tactical planning.
- Definition: Application Development means the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Examples of included services: Researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
DBITS contracts provide deliverables-based, outsourced systems integration or application development projects, and eliminate the RFP requirement since all contracts were competitively bid. The contract accelerates service procurement and delivery, and reduces costs by leveraging the streamlined procurement process. Lastly, this DBITS contract allows flexibility to meet your individual needs.
For more information on DIR’s Cooperative Contracts program, visit DIR’s Cooperative Contracts page.
8500 Shoal Creek Boulevard, Suite 4-225
Austin, Texas 78757
Phone: (512) 794-8440
Fax: (512) 794-8742
Department of Information Resources
300 W. 15th Street, Suite 1300
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 936-1428
- 915-96 – Web Page Design and/or Management Services
- 920-02 – Access Services, Data
- 920-03 – Application Service Provider (ASP) – (web based hosted)
- 920-04 – Applications Software (For Main Frame Systems)
- 920-07 – Applications Software for Microcomputer Systems: Business, Mathematical/Statistical, Medical, Scientific, etc.
- 920-14 – Applications Software (For Minicomputer Systems)
- 920-15 – Assessment and Profiling Services of Software
- 920-16 – Biometric Authentication System Software Services (Incl. Maint. And Repair)
- 920-18 – Computer Aided Design Services
- 920-22 – Data Preparation and Processing Services
- 920-24 – Data Conversion Services
- 920-26 – Desktop Publishing Services
- 920-27 – E-Commerce Software Development Services
- 920-31 – Installation of Computers, Peripherals, and Related Equipment (Including Software)
- 920-32 – Intelligent Transportation System Software (To Include Design, Development, & Maintenance Services)
- 920-37 – Networking Services (Including Installation, Security, and Maintenance )
- 920-38 – Optical Scanning Services
- 920-40 – Programming Services, Computer
- 920-44 – Risk Management for Software Development
- 920-45 – Software Maintenance/Support
- 920-46 – Software Updating Services
- 920-47 – Support Services, Computer (Includes Computer Warranties)
- 920-49 – Systems/Executive Software, Main Frame
- 920-56 – Systems/Executive Software, Microcomputer
- 920-63 – Systems/Executive Software, Minicomputer
- 920-64 – System Implementation and Engineering Services
- 920-65 – System Requirements Quality Assurance Review
- 920-91 – Training, Computer Based (Software Supported)
- 924-40 – Instructor-led Classroom Training
- 958-77 – Project Management Services
- 961-56 – Program/Project Development and Management Services